Powerflush nearby to Sandhurst
Sandhurst is a town and civil parish in the Berkshire borough of Bracknell Forest. It is located in the south-eastern corner of Berkshire, 32 miles (51 kilometers) west-southwest of central London, 2.5 miles (4.0 kilometers) north west of Camberley, and 5 miles (8.0 kilometers) south of Bracknell. Sandhurst is best known as the home of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (often referred to simply as “Sandhurst”, “The Academy” or “The RMA”). Sandhurst, despite its close proximity to Camberley, is also home to a large and well-known out-of-town mercantile development. The site is known as “The Meadows,” and it includes a Tesco Extra hypermarket and a Marks & Spencer, both of which are among the largest in the country. On the site of the former Homebase, a large Next clothing and homeware store has opened.
We offer cleaning out rust in these postcode areas :
Periods of Saxon and Medieval
The village’s name is Anglo-Saxon and derives from the area’s sandy soils and hurst (a wooded eminence).
Sandhurst appears in early 14th century records as part of the township of Sonning, a large minster parish spanning much of eastern Berkshire that later became a hundred when its villages acquired their own churches.
The Bishops of Salisbury owned these lands. Sandhurst had two manors: ‘Hall,’ which was in the grounds of what is now the Royal Military Academy, and ‘Sandhurst,’ which was on the site of Sandhurst Lodge. The original structures are no longer standing. The village of Sandhurst first appears in the Exchequer Rolls of Henry II in 1175, when it was granted one mark for the Villata de Sandhurst.
Periods ranging from Tudor to Georgian
Sandhurst parish was a small farming community on the outskirts of Windsor Forest in the early modern era, with Sandhurst Walke being an important forest division subject to forest laws.
Locals had the right to cut turf, bracken, heather, and wood, which were primarily grown to feed the forest deer. Royal hunting parties hunted these from a hunting lodge near Hart’s Leap Road. A number of disputes have been documented, demonstrating how Sandhurst residents sometimes took more resources than were permitted. Farming has always been an important part of village life in this village, and the names of some defunct farms can still be found in the names of housing estates, roads, and even a restaurant: Sandhurst Farm, Snaprails, Caves Farm, Ambarrow Farm, College Farm, Rectory Farm, Beech Farm, and Rackstraws Farm. William, Lord Sandys, the Lord Chancellor to King Henry VIII, owned a rumored manor called ‘Buckhurst’ in the area between College Town and Central Sandhurst in the mid-16th century.
The Victorian and Modern eras
Sandhurst’s life changed little until the 19th century, when large tracts of land were sold to build the Royal Military College, which relocated from Marlow in 1813.
Following the arrival of the railway in 1849, a number of large country residences were built in the area, including Harts Leap, Forest End, St Helens Upland, The Warren, Longdown Lodge, Ryefield, Snaprails, and Ambarrow Court. Sandhurst Lodge was built around 1858 by Robert W. Gibson and leased to John Walter of the Times Newspaper, followed by Sir William Farrer, solicitor to Queen Victoria and The Duke of Wellington. Perry Hill and The Ceders followed. Only a few of them are still alive today. The others have been demolished and the land has been developed.
Such large houses and institutions, such as the Broadmoor Hospital and Wellington College in nearby Crowthorne, resulted in a significant increase in the local population as people moved into the area in search of work. More residential housing, as well as more schools for their children, places of worship, and other community resources, were built for these workers. Prior to the construction of Sandhurst Comprehensive – now Sandhurst School – in Owlsmoor in 1969, secondary-age students were sent to Edgbarrow School in Crowthorne, Forest Grammar School for boys in Winnersh, or Holt School for girls in Wokingham. Large housing estates were built from the late 1950s to the 1980s, combining the original four villages of College Town, Central Sandhurst, Little Sandhurst, and Owlsmoor to form the conglomerate town of today.
Sandhurst is located in South East England, close to the borders of Berkshire, Hampshire, and Surrey. From west to east, the town is divided into four districts: Little Sandhurst, Sandhurst (central), College Town, and Owlsmoor, with Owlsmoor to the northeast. Edgbarrow Woods and a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) called Sandhurst to Owlsmoor Bogs and Heaths, which includes the nature reserve of Wildmoor Heath, are located north of the town. Broadmoor Bottom, an expanse of heathland with fir tree plantations, lies to the east. This property is adjacent to the high-security Broadmoor Hospital.
Sandhurst is bounded on the south by the River Blackwater, and several of the Yateley Lakes along its course, most notably Trilakes with its country park, are within the parish. At Blackwater, the county line with Hampshire is also crossed. Crowthorne is to the north, Finchampstead is to the west, and Camberley, across the Surrey county line, is on the southeastern side. This is the nearest significant town, though Sandhurst is only 9.5 kilometers (5.9 miles) south of the new town of Bracknell. The soil is sandy, with a sand and gravel subsoil.