Powerflush nearby to Aylesbury
Aylesbury is the county town of Buckinghamshire in the United Kingdom. It houses the Roald Dahl Children’s Gallery as well as the Waterside Theatre. The town is known as the “spiritual birthplace” of the Paralympic Games. It is located in central Buckinghamshire, roughly halfway between High Wycombe and Milton Keynes.
In 2017, Aylesbury was designated as a Garden Town. The town’s housing target is set to increase, with 16,000 homes to be built by 2033.
Visit this page for powerflushing service in these postcode areas:
The town’s name derives from Old English. Its first recorded name, glesburgh, is thought to mean “Fort of gel,” though who gel was is unknown. It is also possible that the settlement’s Saxon name, geles-burh, means “church-burgh,” from the Welsh word eglwys, which means “a church” (Latin ecclesia).
Excavations in the town center in 1985 uncovered an Iron Age hill fort from the early 4th century BC. Aylesbury was one of the ancient Britons’ strongholds, which was taken in 571 by Cutwulph, brother of Ceawlin, King of the West Saxons, and had a fortress or castle “of some importance,” from which it probably derives its Saxon name.
In Anglo-Saxon times, Aylesbury was a major market town and the burial place of Saint Osgyth, whose shrine drew pilgrims. The crypt beneath the Early English parish church of St. Mary (which has many later additions) It was once thought to be Anglo-Saxon, but it is now thought to be of the same era as the medieval chapel above. The king took the manor of Aylesbury for himself during the Norman conquest, and it is listed as a royal manor in the Domesday Book, 1086. William the Conqueror granted some lands here to citizens on the condition that the owners provide straw for the monarch’s bed, sweet herbs for his chamber, and two green geese and three eels for his table whenever he visited Aylesbury.
John Kemp, Archbishop of York, established the Guild of St Mary in Aylesbury in 1450. The Guild of Our Lady, as it was popularly known, became a meeting place for local dignitaries as well as a hotbed of political intrigue. The guild had an impact on the outcome of the Wars of the Roses. Its premises at the Chantry in Church Street, Aylesbury, are still in use, though the site is now primarily used for retail.
King Henry VIII declared Aylesbury the new county town of Buckinghamshire in 1529: Aylesbury Manor was one of many properties belonging to Thomas Boleyn, the father of Anne Boleyn, and it is rumored that the change was made to curry favor with the family.
Formal paraphrase In 1603/4, the plague wiped out the population.