Powerflush nearby to Hertford
Hertford is the county town of Hertfordshire, England, as well as a civil parish in the county’s East Hertfordshire district. According to the 2011 census, the parish had a population of 26,783.
The town grew up around a ford on the River Lea, close to its confluence with the rivers Mimram, Beane, and Rib. From the Thames to Hertford, the Lea is navigable. In 913 AD, fortified settlements were established on both sides of the ford at Hertford. Hertfordshire, named after and administered from Hertford, was established around the same time. Hertford Castle was constructed soon after the Norman Conquest in 1066 and served as a royal residence until the early seventeenth century.
Hertfordshire County Council and East Hertfordshire District Council both have main offices in town and are major employers, as is McMullen’s Brewery, which has been in town since 1827. The town is also popular among commuters, as it is only 20 miles (32 kilometres) north of central London and is served by two railway lines.
Visit this link for powerflushing service in these postcode areas:
The town was mentioned for the first time in 673 AD, when the first synod of a number of bishops in England was held in either Hertford or Hartford, Cambridgeshire.
Theodore of Tarsus convened the synod, and among the decisions was the calculation of the date of Easter.
According to the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, as part of his campaign against the Danes in 913 AD, Edward the Elder ordered the construction of two burhs (earthwork fortifications) on either side of the ford over the River Lea at Hertford.
Hertford had two churches, two markets, and three mills at the time of the Domesday Book. The Normans began construction on Hertford Castle, and Ralph de Limesy established Hertford Priory. King Henry II rebuilt the castle in stone, but it was besieged and captured after 25 days by Prince Louis of France during the First Barons’ War in 1216. English royalty frequently visited the castle, and Queen Isabella, wife of Edward II, died there in 1358. The priory was dissolved in 1536 and later demolished, and the Parliament of England met at the castle in 1563 due to a plague outbreak in London. Hertford grew and prospered as a market and county town, thanks to the construction of the Lea Navigation Canal in 1767 and the arrival of the railway in 1843. The Port Hill drill hall was finished in 1898, and Yeomanry House was converted into a military facility in 1910.
Hertford is located at the confluence of four river valleys: the Rib, Beane, and Mimram join the River Lea at Hertford, where they flow east and then south toward the Thames as the Lee Navigation after Hertford Castle Weir. Hartham Common is the name given to the shared valley of the Lea and the Beane, which provides a large park to one side of the town centre, running towards Ware and lying below the ridge on which Bengeo is located.
The mediaeval layout of the town centre remains, with many timber-framed buildings hidden behind later frontages, particularly in St Andrew Street. Despite the existence of the 1960s A414 bypass known as Gascoyne Way, which runs close to the town centre, Hertford suffers from traffic problems. There have long been plans to connect the A10 and the A414, completely bypassing the town. Despite being only 19.2 miles (30.9 km) north of Central London, the town retains a very country-town feel. This is aided by its proximity to larger towns like Harlow, Bishop’s Stortford, and Stevenage, where modern development has concentrated.