Powerflush nearby to Countesthorpe
Countesthorpe is a large village and civil parish in the Leicestershire district of Blaby, with a population of 6,393 (2001 census, slightly lower at 6,377 in 2011). It is located to the south of Leicester, approximately six miles from the city centre, but only two miles south of the South Wigston suburb. Blaby and South Wigston are nearby towns, as are Kilby to the east, Peatling Magna and Willoughby Waterleys to the south, and Broughton Astley, Cosby, and Whetstone to the west.
The name Countesthorpe comes from the 11th century, when the area was part of the marriage dowry of Countess Judith, William the Conqueror’s niece. The name ‘thorpe’ is a variant of the Middle English word thorp, which means hamlet or small village.
The family of Lord William of Ludbrook founded the parish church of St. Andrew in 1220. It was restored twice, once in 1840 and again in 1907. The 14th-century tower is still standing.
The Axe and Square, The Bull’s Head, and The Railway are the village’s three public houses. In 2013, another public house, the King William IV, was converted into a Tesco Express. Magna 73, a Leicestershire Senior League association football team, plays just north of the village.
The village is twinned with the French town of Mennecy.
Check this page for cleaning out rust in your heating systems in these postcode areas: