Powerflush nearby to Evington
Evington is an electoral ward and administrative division in the English city of Leicester. It used to be a small village centred on Main Street and the Anglican church of St Denys, but it was close enough to Leicester in the 1930s to become one of the city’s outskirts. The ward now includes both the historical village of Evington and the modern ex-council estates of Rowlatts Hill and Goodwood. At the time of the 2011 census, the ward had a population of 11,133 people.
Click this page for powerflushing service in your heating systems in these postcode areas:
The village of Evington
The name Evington is derived from the Old English phrase “farm/settlement of Eafa/Aefa.” Hugh de Grentesmesnil was given the land after the Norman conquest. The first known spelling of Evington was of Walter de Evington 1259, who leased a carucate of land in Evington village – approximately 100 acres (0.40 km2). The parish of Evington was once quite large, encompassing what is now known as North Evington and Evington Valley. These were annexed by the city of Leicester in 1892 and are no longer considered to be part of Evington.
Leicester’s (by this point a city) boundaries were expanded once more in 1935, including nearly all of the remaining parish of Evington, with the exception of a small portion that went to Oadby. The large 1950s development at Downing Drive and Spencefield Lane is included in the modern ward.
Since 1989, Evington village has been designated as a conservation area.
Rowlatts Hill is a council estate built in 1964–67 on a hillside to the north of Leicester General Hospital by City Architect Stephen George, consisting of two 22-story blocks of flats and single or two-story grey brick houses. Red brick houses were built in a later development (1973–77). It is considered separate from Evington for council housing purposes.
Goodwood is a 1950s council estate considered for council housing alongside Evington. It has a population of just under 1000 people.