Powerflush nearby to Lutterworth
Lutterworth is a market town and civil parish in the Leicestershire district of Harborough. The town is in southern Leicestershire, near the borders of Warwickshire and Northamptonshire. It’s 6.4 miles (10.3 kilometres) north of Rugby, Warwickshire, and 12 miles (19 kilometres) south of Leicester.
The civil parish of Lutterworth had a population of 9,353 according to the 2011 UK census. Lutterworth’s built-up area, which includes the adjacent village of Bitteswell, had a population of 9,907 people.
View this link for powerflushing service in your heating systems in these postcode areas:
Lutterworth was originally an Anglo-Saxon settlement, and its name is thought to be derived from the Old English Hlutre Worth: Lutterworth was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086.
King John granted Lutterworth a market charter in 1214, and it grew into a small but bustling market town.
Between 1374 and 1384, the religious reformer John Wycliffe was rector of St Mary’s Church in Lutterworth, and it was here that he is said to have produced the first translation of the Bible from Latin into English. In the nineteenth century, the church was restored, and a large tower replaced the original spire. Some 15th-century wall paintings can still be found in the church.
In the year 1318, the parish priest was the Irish statesman Robert le Poer.
Lutterworth Grammar School was established in 1630, and the population of Lutterworth had reached 644 by 1676.
Lutterworth was an important stopping-point on the road from Leicester to Oxford and London during the stagecoach era, and many former coaching inns still exist in the town. There are also a number of well-preserved half-timbered buildings in town.
During the late 1930s and early 1940s, Frank Whittle, the inventor of the jet engine, worked with his company Power Jets at the British Thomson-Houston works in Lutterworth and nearby Rugby to develop some of the world’s first jet engines. As a memorial, a replica of his first jet aircraft, the Gloster E.28/39, stands in the middle of a roundabout just south of town, and a number of papers and documents relating to Whittle’s development of the jet engine are on display at the town’s museum.
The M1 motorway opened just east of Lutterworth in 1964, and the M6 motorway opened a few miles to the south in 1971.
Lutterworth had a population of 1,652 at the time of the first national census in 1801, which had nearly doubled to 3,197 by 1901. It had grown to 8,294 by 2001. Population growth in the twenty-first century has increased the population to nearly 10,000 by 2017.