Powerflush nearby to North Kilworth
North Kilworth is a village and civil parish in the Harborough district of south Leicestershire, England, located to the north of South Kilworth. At the time of the 2011 census, the civil parish had a population of 597 people. The village is largely bypassed by the A4304 road and contains a mix of old and new housing, as well as a primary school and the parish church of St. Andrew’s, which dates from the 13th century.
At the time of the Domesday survey (1086), there were two settlements, Chivelesworde and Cleveliorde, both belonging to the vill of Stanford-on-Avon across the border in Northamptonshire; they were given to Benedict, the founding abbot of Selby, Yorkshire, and later differentiated into North and South Kilworth by Guy de Reinbudcurt. Yard can be found in -iorde, and the -worde or -worth form of the same suffix can be found in garth, all of which words denote hedged enclosures that belonged to Ceofel.
The “Old Hall” was discovered to the northwest of the church, surrounded on three sides by a moat 18 feet wide and three feet deep, with additional earthworks. The moat was recently excavated to make a water-filled area for wildlife. The village is situated on the outskirts of a large natural aquifer, which explains the abundance of springs in and around the area. The recent cessation of Severn Trent water extraction (for use in the nearby Market Harborough conurbation) has resulted in a rise in the local water table.
We offer cleaning out rust in heating systems in these postcode areas: