Powerflush nearby to South Kilworth
South Kilworth is a village and civil parish in Leicestershire, England, located south of North Kilworth. According to the 2001 Census, the parish has 430 residents and is located in the Harborough district. At the time of the 2011 census, the population had risen to 513 people.
Click this for cleaning out limescale in these postcode areas:
There were two settlements at the time of the Domesday survey (1086), Chivelesworde and Cleveliorde, which later differentiated into North and South Kilworth. Yard can be recognised in -iorde, and the -worde or -worth form of the same suffix can be recognised in garth, all of which words denote hedged enclosures that belonged to Ceofel. It was noted in that the “manor house” site, actually a grange of Selby Abbey, Yorkshire, was marked by a dry moat 22 feet wide, and fishponds to its northwest. Both this and the “Old Hall” site in North Kilworth were part of the lands owned by a certain Leuric across the border in Stanford-on-Avon, Northamptonshire.
The Prince of Wales (Edward VIII) attended the Pytchley Hunt in South Kilworth on March 10, 1920. The Westerby Basset Hounds have been kenneled in South Kilworth since 1956.