Powerflush nearby to Stoney Stanton
Stoney Stanton is a large village in the Leicestershire district of Blaby, England, with a population of over 3,454 in 2001, rising to 3,793 at the 2011 census. It is part of a civil parish. The village is located about five miles east of Hinckley, just east of the M69. Croft and Sapcote are nearby villages. It is approximately ten miles from Leicester. As implied by its name, it is situated on rocky outcrops of igneous rock, granodiorite, a fact that has influenced its history. Parish records show that gravel and stone were being removed from Carey (or quarry) Hill in the village’s centre as early as the eighteenth century. That, along with Lanes Hill (now the water-sports and diving centre known as Stoney Cove), Clint Hill, and Hall’s Court, would later be quarried for their valuable stone in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Carey Hill and Hall’s Court quarries were later filled in, but Clint Hill survives as a reminder of the village’s industrial past, now filled with water and a haven for wildlife.
The village has a long history, having been mentioned in the Domesday Survey of Leicestershire (1086) In Guthlaxton Wapentake…. Robert the Bursar owns 6 caracutes of land in STANTONE. Land for [……] .ploughs] 7 villagers, 3 smallholders, 3 ploughs, 4 free men, 12 acres of meadow, 3 furlongs long and 1 furlong wide woodland The value was and still is in the twenties.
View this for cleaning out rust in your heating systems in these postcode areas: