Powerflush nearby to Thurlaston
Thurlaston is a village and civil parish in the English county of Leicestershire. It is located in the Blaby local government district, approximately 6 miles (9.7 kilometres) west of Leicester. The parish had a population of 745 according to the 2001 census, and 807 according to the 2011 census (including Frolesworth).
Thurlaston was described as follows in 1872:
“Thurlaston is a parish in Leicester’s Blaby district, with a village and two townships; it is 312 miles SSE of Desford railway station and 6 miles NE of Hinckley. Hinckley is served by a post office. 2,980 acres £5,914 in real estate. 698 people live here. There are 148 houses.”
View this link for powerflushing service in heating systems in these postcode areas:
Thurlaston’s history dates back to the Saxon period. Originally named “Turchilestone” in the 1086 “Domesday Book,” it was owned by the Vicount of Leicester ‘Robert de Bucy from Hugh de Grandmesnil’. Thurlaston was later recorded in 1270 as belonging to Robert de Champaine, who controlled the land under the guise of a Knight’s fee granted to him by the King.
Statistics on Total Industry from the 1831 Census
The first census data on industries and professions in Thurlaston is from 1831, with agriculture being the most important industry, employing 53 percent of the population, and handcraft and manufacturing accounting for the remainder. However, a more detailed classification of resident occupations was carried out in 1881, revealing that 90 percent of industry was directly related to agriculture, with an entirely male workforce. Women’s only recorded work at the time was classified as “Domestic Services.” Agriculture-related industry has declined significantly in recent years, with only 4% of the working population involved. The repair and trade of motor vehicles, as well as the manufacturing industry, which employs more than a quarter of the working population, are now the most prominent occupations.
Thurlaston’s population history dates back to 1881, when the town had a population of 533 people. The population remained stable with little fluctuation until a decline to 378 during the 1961 census, after which a steady increase saw the total rise to today’s figure of 807, the highest figure so far recorded.