Powerflush nearby to Higham Ferrers
Higham Ferrers is a market town and civil parish in North Northamptonshire, England, near the borders with Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire. It shares a single built-up area with Rushden to the south and has a population of 7,145 people. Many historic buildings can be found in the town center, particularly around Market Square and College Street.
Check this for cleaning out limescale in these postcode areas:
The name of the town translates as ‘High homestead/village.’ In 1166, the Ferrers family is mentioned in connection with the town. The hundred is named after Higham Ferrers, but the exact location of the meeting is unknown.
The Borough was founded in 1251 by the Lord of the Manor, William de Ferrers, in order to promote a prosperous community at the gates of his castle, where people had begun to settle in numbers and trade in the ancient market.
Henry Chichele was born in Higham Ferrers (c. 1364 – 12 April 1443). He was the Archbishop of Canterbury and the founder of All Souls College in Oxford.
Higham Ferrers School was established in 1422.
During Mary Tudor’s reign, the second Charter was granted in 1556. For many years, the town provided a safe seat in Parliament for a Crown supporter nominated by the largest landowner, the Duchy of Lancaster. When James I ascended to the throne, the town received confirmation and an expansion of civic powers and liberties through the Charter of 1604. After Charles II’s restoration to the throne and the passage of the Corporations Act in 1662, the liberties were once again confirmed and extended.
The town was a rotten borough that sent one MP to the unreformed House of Commons until the Reform Act of 1832 stripped it of its representation.
Following the Municipal Corporations Act of 1882, the modern Queen Victoria Charter reorganized the Corporation’s composition on modern lines to conform to the pattern of local government laid out in that Act. This charter is the only one written in English of the town’s charters; the previous charters were written in Latin.
The castle is thought to have been constructed shortly after the Norman Conquest in 1066. However, by the end of the 15th century, the castle had fallen into disrepair. It was eventually demolished in 1523, and the stone was used to construct Kimbolton Castle. The defensive earthworks and moat have been reduced to a grass bank and a pond. The remains of a rectangular dove-house can be found in the garden of the Green Dragon Inn, which was once part of the castle’s outer ward.
Higham Ferrers is twinned with the German town of Hachenburg.