Powerflush nearby to Oundle
Oundle is a market town in North Northamptonshire, England, on the left bank of the River Nene, with a population of 5,735 at the time of the 2011 census. It is located 69 miles (111 kilometers) north of London and 12 miles (19 kilometers) south of Peterborough. Oundle School is located in the town.
Check this link for cleaning out limescale in heating systems in these postcode areas:
The origin of the town’s name is unknown. It’s most likely an old district name in a grammatical form that suggests a tribal name, ‘the Undalas.’
Discoveries of prehistoric, Bronze Age, Iron Age, and Roman materials indicate that Oundle has been a settlement for several thousand years. A number of Iron Age coins, as well as Roman bronze pins, coins, and skeletons, have been discovered. In the early nineteenth century, a significant Roman find was part of a Roman cup discovered in the churchyard of St. Peter’s Church. Further excavation on the site resulted in the discovery of numerous Roman coins, some dating from Emperor Claudius’ reign. The discovery of red tile and building stone near Ashton Road in Oundle is thought to imply the presence of a Roman villa; a nearby archaeological evaluation discovered a ditch containing fragments of Romano-British pottery.
During the Saxon invasion, a tribe called Undalas arrived, which may have meant “undivided.” Oundle had a hospitium, a building used by monks to provide shelter and assistance to travelers, dating back to 638 AD. It is the site of St Wilfrid’s death in 709 AD, where he had consecrated a church and also the location of one of his monasteries. The current St Peter’s Church stands on the same grounds as St Wilfrid’s original church.
The first clear mention of Oundle is in a 715 account by Eddi, who was the chantor to St Wilfrid and referred to it as Undolum. Bede uses the names Inundalum and Undulana mg interchangeably.
Oundle’s patron saint is Saint Cetta or Cett, a 7th-century saint. He was buried in the monastery at Oundle, near the River Nene, around 1000 AD, according to the Anglo-Saxon Secgan Manuscript, and a chapel to him was built in the 11th century, on the small knoll beyond the end of St Sythes Lane. This, along with the market charter granted in 972, explains Oundle’s growth in the 12th century.
Oundle is listed in the Domesday Book of 1086 as having a population of 36 households, a mill, and a value of £0.3 in 1066, which had risen to £11 by 1086.
Since at least 1465, Oundle has had a grammar school, where Sir William Laxton (Lord Mayor of London) was educated. In his will, he left a legacy to establish Laxton Grammar School, now known as Oundle School, in 1556, which is administered by the Worshipful Company of Grocers.
In 1743, a group of mutineers from the Black Watch were apprehended near Oundle at Ladywood. They had deserted in protest of being sent overseas rather than patrolling the Highlands for which the regiment had been raised. The Old Town Hall was completed in 1830, replacing an earlier building on the same site dating back to the 16th century.
Oundle is a town in the North Northamptonshire district of Northamptonshire county, on the River Nene, 9 miles west of Corby and 12 miles north of Peterborough. Despite its location in Northamptonshire, Oundle is part of the Peterborough postcode district (‘PE8’).
The Oundle Parish boundary is approximately 900 hectares in size and encompasses the entire urban development as well as open countryside. To the east and south of the town, the boundary follows the River Nene, and it extends west to Oundle Wood and north to Park Wood. This boundary was established in 2013 as part of a comprehensive East Northants Boundary Review.
The region is built on Jurassic-era solid formations, with Oundle built on the sedimentary rock oolite.