Powerflush nearby to Keyworth
Keyworth is a large village in the English county of Nottinghamshire. It is about 6 miles (11 km) southeast of the city centre of Nottingham. It is located on a small, broad hilltop about 200 feet above sea level, surrounded by the larger undulating boulder clay that characterises the area south of Nottingham.
Keyworth has a sister city relationship with the French town of Feignies.
Visit this page for cleaning out rust in heating systems in these postcode areas:
Keyworth is first mentioned in writing in the Domesday Book in 1086, though recent archaeological finds of Roman artefacts in the parish outskirts suggest human inhabitation of the area as early as 800 AD. Keyworth began as an agricultural community, with the vast majority of its residents working as farmers and field labourers. Later, in the 1880s, frame-knitting gave rise to local employment and expansion.
Two grade II barns from the 17th century, one late 18th century house built in the Regency style, two early 19th century cottages on Main Street, and two grade II Former framework knitters’ workshops are among the village’s listed buildings.
The Midland Railway came through Plumtree from Nottingham Midland station and along the north east of Keyworth in the early twentieth century, providing the village with an accessible rail route throughout the railway network, though this luxury only lasted about 70 years. From 1880 to 1949, the Plumtree station was open to passengers.
Significant growth occurred in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s, with Keyworth effectively becoming a commuter town for Nottingham. In recent years, the population has been declining slightly.
A more detailed account can be found on the Keyworth & District History Society’s website.