Powerflush nearby to Faringdon
Faringdon is a historic market town in Oxfordshire, England, located 18 miles (29 km) south-west of Oxford, 10 miles (16 km) north-west of Wantage, and 12 miles (19 km) east-northeast of Swindon. It stretches all the way to the River Thames in the north, with the highest ground on the Ridgeway in the south. Faringdon was Berkshire’s westernmost town until boundary changes in 1974 transferred administration to Oxfordshire. To distinguish it from Little Faringdon in West Oxfordshire, the civil parish is formally known as Great Faringdon. The population was 7,121 according to the 2011 Census, and it was estimated to be 7,992 in 2019. Faringdon was the first town in the south-east of England to be designated as a Fairtrade Town on February 1, 2004.
Click this for cleaning out rust in these postcode areas:
The toponym “Faringdon” means “fern-covered hill.” Claims made by P. J. Goodrich, for example, that King Edward the Elder (reigned 899–924) died in Faringdon are unfounded. In 1218, the town was granted a weekly market, and as a result, it became known as Chipping Faringdon. On Tuesdays, an outdoor market is still held. In 1202, King John founded an abbey in Faringdon (probably on the site of Portwell House), but it was soon relocated to Beaulieu in Hampshire. On his way to London in 1417, the elderly Archbishop of Dublin, Thomas Cranley, died in Faringdon.