Powerflush nearby to Wath-upon-Dearne
Wath upon Dearne is a town in the Metropolitan Borough of Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England, 5 miles (8 km) north of Rotherham and nearly midway between Barnsley and Doncaster. According to the 2011 census, it had a population of 11,816 people. It is twinned with the French town of Saint-Jean-de-Bournay.
Click this link for cleaning out limescale in these postcode areas:
The origins of Wath can be traced back to Norman times. It is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Wad and Waith. For centuries, it was a rural settlement at the crossroads of the old Doncaster–Barnsley and Rotherham–Pontefract roads, the latter a branch of Ryknield Street. A ford across the River Dearne was located north of the town. The name is derived from the Latin vadum and the Old Norse vath (ford or wading place). In 1312–1313, the town was granted a Royal Charter, entitling it to a weekly Tuesday market and an annual two-day fair, but these were soon discontinued. In 1814, the market was reopened.
Wath was part of the historic county of West Riding of Yorkshire until local government reorganisation in 1974. Until the mid-nineteenth century, the town had a regionally significant racecourse that was linked to the estate at nearby Wentworth. This was abandoned, but traces of it can still be found between Wath and Swinton, and it is remembered in street names. A pottery existed in Newhill, near clay deposits, but it was overshadowed by the nearby Rockingham Pottery in Swinton. Around the turn of the nineteenth century, poet and newspaper editor James Montgomery, who lived there at the time, dubbed it “the Queen of Villages.” As coal mining expanded in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, this rural character shifted dramatically.