Powerflush nearby to Kingsbury
Kingsbury is a large village and civil parish in the North Warwickshire district of Warwickshire, England’s West Midlands region. At the time of the 2011 census, the civil parish population was 7,652.
The village, which overlooks the River Tame, is located between Birmingham and Tamworth, which is 5.5 miles (9 km) to the north. The A51 to Chester and the A4097, which runs through Curdworth and Minworth before joining the A38, both begin here. This leads to M6 Junction 6 (Spaghetti Junction), which provides access to the Midlands motorway network and the City of Birmingham. To the north-east, Kingsbury is known for the Kingsbury Water Park, a shooting range, and a large oil storage depot.
The church of SS Peter and Paul was built in the 12th century and is a grade II* listed structure.
Visit this for cleaning out limescale in your heating systems in these postcode areas:
Kingsbury is derived from the Saxon Chinesburie, which means “royal fortified house” or “Kings Fort.” The word ‘bury’ means ‘fort’ or ‘defensive work.’ The church and the ruins of a mediaeval home (Kingsbury Hall) above the river suggest a suitable location for a ‘defensive’ work. Kingsbury Hall (or Bracebridge Hall, as it was their family home for many years) is now only used as a farmhouse in part. It was a fortified manor house, with the remains of a curtain wall still visible. The same Angles tribe that founded Curdworth and Minworth established Kingsbury.
The Domesday survey mentions the village. Because there are two priests mentioned, the church must have existed. Hemlingford Mill, which still exists, is another. Originally a water mill, it was used for a variety of tasks such as milling corn into flour and grinding gun barrels for muskets during the Napoleonic Wars. It was later converted into a garden centre. In 1783, a bridge across the River Tame near the mill was built. Because this was a single-lane road, traffic lights were installed later, until it was bypassed by a new road serving the oil terminal in the 1960s. The old bridge’s centre section was destroyed by a flash flood in the early 1980s and was replaced with modern concrete. It is now only used by pedestrians.
During the Wars of the Roses in 1473–74, the Bracebridges and their distant relatives, the Ardens (William Shakespeare’s maternal ancestors) of Park Hall in Castle Bromwich, had a family feud. John Arden had a crush on Alice Bracebridge. Sir Walter, John’s father, was not pleased. John was abducted and brought to Bracebridge Hall. Sir Walter petitioned King Edward IV, who appoints Sir Simon de Montford of Coleshill and Sir Richard Bingham of Middleton as arbitrators. In February 1474, John and Alice married. John inherited Park Hall in Castle Bromwich in 1502, while his younger brother Thomas settled at Wilmcote near Stratford-upon-Avon. Thomas had a son named Robert, who was the father of William Shakespeare’s mother, Mary Arden.
The church porch stones show evidence of arrow-sharpening grooves, which are sometimes said to have been done by soldiers but are more likely to have been done by hunting parties or locals waiting their turn for the nearby village butts, as all males were required to be proficient with a longbow.
Thomas Coton founded one of the first poor schools in Kingsbury in 1686.
Kingsbury was a small hamlet until the 19th century, and the area’s main landowner was Prime Minister Sir Robert Peel. In 1839, the Birmingham and Derby Railway was built through Kingsbury, and industry quickly developed, most notably coal mining and gravel extraction, which fueled the village’s growth.